If you’ve seen the post I wrote about Teaching Your Horse to Lie Down, you’re inspired to get training started right away.
It’s great fun to see your bond reflected in your horse doing an amazing trick like this. Of course your horse must like it, too! That’s why I teach this wih positive reinforcement and give horses a choice to do it.
If they say ‘No’ it’s great feedback to check why he doesn’t want to.
Reasons a horse refuses to lie down
- The surface is too hard, too wet, too cold, too muddy
- Your horse is not relaxed. Calm him down first
- He’s exciting about something else happening
- He’s not liking what you offer him, so the behaviour is not reinforced
- He’s in pain and can’t do it
- He has not yet learned to lie down on cue
In my online Trick Training class I share how you can solve these. I also teach how you can train your horse to lie down step-by-step. You can join me in a live webinar February 16, 2020
You can enter the giveaway and get a chance to win a FREE seat in this webinar (if you can’t make it that day, I have other times too).
Happy Horse training!
Training Webinar Teach Your Horse to Lie Down Good luck!
You must be logged in to post a comment.